Make-up lessons are granted for the following reasons:
- Illness: The private teacher must be notified on their cell phone by 11:00 a.m., on the morning of the scheduled lesson. The private teacher’s cell phone number will be shared with registered students. No other form of notification will be accepted.
- Teacher cancellation
- Weather-related cancellations: Please check the Bronxville District webpage. If the Bronxville School is closed, lessons are cancelled.
- If make-up lessons are offered twice but refused, the lesson will be considered made-up. Scheduled make-up lessons cancelled by the student cannot be rescheduled.
- When the Elementary School has half-days for conferences or the district has a half-day for a conference, lessons are in session at the regularly scheduled time.
- Pro-rated refunds for cancelling enrollment in the program will be made prior to October 1st (first semester) or prior to February 12th (second semester).
- Ensuring safe transport of the student to and from lessons is the responsibility of the student’s parent or legal guardian.
- Parents are responsible for ensuring that the student has an instrument for the lesson and for purchasing sheet music for the student. Students who play large instruments (e.g. string bass, tuba) may borrow a school instrument during their lesson.